- Setting up good writing habits: ow.ly/1VT3Z4 1 week ago
- Being Remarkable ow.ly/kI6d9 2 weeks ago
- Want an inspirational kick in the pants? Read @DeanWesleySmith's Ghost Novel blog posts (and comments) ow.ly/kvD9R 2 weeks ago
- Heinlein's Rules for Writers, applicable to composers: ow.ly/kvAFq "why there are so few professional writers & so many aspirants" 2 weeks ago
- For those composers who complain about the business part of being a composer: ow.ly/jFVLS 1 month ago
Tagsadvice authors beeman bios blogs business call competition competitions composer composer roster composers contests dignity distribution doing business DRM engraving fairness hobby horse income insult to injury jeffrey quick john beeman kroening mile markers music business newmusicshelf opencart photos podcast pricing publishing quick retail rights sales scams scores self-promotion self-publishing site improvements tags trombone updates
Category Archives: Mile Markers
A new mile marker for NewMusicShelf – there are now 300 scores and sets of parts available!
I’ve always been bad at remembering birthdays. So, true to form, I let NewMusicShelf’s first birthday pass unnoted for a whole week! I can’t believe that in under a year the site has accumulated 17 composers and over 250 scores! … Continue reading
NewMusicShelf recently added its 200th score: Jeffrey Quick’s choral work Queen and Huntress. Check it and him out!
NewMusicShelf reached another two landmarks yesterday: The site hit the 150 score mark (which it breezed through to 157), and now represents 10 composers! The tenth composer also happens to have submitted the 150th score: John Beeman and his work … Continue reading
This evening, NewMusicShelf hit the 100 score mark! And the 100th score is Allen Brings‘ Duologue 8 for viola and cello.